TOL is deeply rooted in Lutheran-American history. Below is a compilation of resources highlighting the heritage of our congregation and the story of TOL's first Pastor, J.A.A. Grabau.
In 1989, TOL celebrated its 150th anniversary. To commemorate this milestone, the congregation published a brief text on the history and founding of TOL.
To view, click on the document below. A German translation is also available.
Click here to view the timeline of pastors who have served the congregations of TOL and Sheridan Drive Lutheran Church (merged with TOL in 1960).
History of Trinity Old Lutheran Church
"DIE GESCHICHTE DER DREIFALTIGKEIT-ALT-LUTHERISCHEN KIRCHE,
150 JAHRE UNTER GOTTES FÜHRUNG"
Übersetzung ins Deutsche / Translated into German
by Kay-Uwe Kleine, Erfurt, Thüringen, 2013
"THE STORY OF TRINITY OLD LUTHERAN CHURCH,
150 YEARS UNDER GOD'S GUIDANCE"
Rev. Johannes Andreas August Grabau
Follow the link below to read "The Life of the Reverend J.A.A. Grabau, by Pastor John A. Grabau (1879). Text provided by the Reu Memorial Library, Wartburg Seminary, Dubuque, Iowa - Call No. BX8080.G72 G7. Imaging and Translation by Susan Kriegbaum-Hanks. Edited January 14, 2006
Click here to view the Wikipedia article on J.A.A. Gabau